Sunday, January 20, 2008

2:30 A.M. Sunday Night

Momma, Why’s it for taking long time?

Mei-Leigh Malone’s favorite phrase for during our 30 hour travel journey. But to be honest with you, SHE DID AMAZING! She probably only slept a total of 5 hours the entire trip, but was as good as can be.

We arrived in NanJing at 9:00 p.m. (China time), but while going through customs in Beijing, realized that they LOST MY LUGGAGE AGAIN. I mean come on! Our first trip coming over to get Mei-Leigh 2 years ago, they lost our luggage too! And I never thought I could get struck by lightning twice, but…if it’s going to happen, it will happen to the Malone’s. Hopefully they will have it to our hotel by the morning, since all of my stuff is in there along with Jin Tao’s and Mei-Leigh’s clothes.

It’s about 2:30 in the morning here, and I can not sleep. We have a great guide named Susan and she informed us on the way here tonight that we will be getting Jin Tao at 2:30 p.m. (china time) on Monday (1:30 a.m. US time which means by the time you all wake up, we will of already had him and will try to post the first pics asap). I am exhausted and need some sleep and some CLOTHES!!!!

So… Steve took some pics of our Travel Journey and will post them when he wakes up.

Pray for Jin Tao and the changes that will happen in less than 12 hours! Love and miss everyone!
Love, Laurie

P.S. We are having trouble logging on to the Blog from here. I am hoping that our posts are updating, but we can not read any comments. Please let me know if they are going through. Ldmalone@bellsouth.net

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is 6:40 am your time on Monday Morning. Saying a quick pray for you all and Jin Tao. I remeber that jet lang very well....You should adjust soon though...

Ed & Lisa DeCoursey

Anonymous said...

Hey Malone's!

Can't wait to see the first photos of Mei Mei and Jin Tao together! Glad you made it there safely (sans luggage!)

John, Joy, Jared and Jenna Russo

Kayla said...

Hey Steve, Laurie, and Mei,

You guys are so close to meeting Jin Tao! I wanted you to know I've been praying and I can't wait to read more of this lovely blog! Wish I could have been there Wednesday to send you all off.

Love you!

Unknown said...

Hi Laurie,Steve, and Mei Mei

We're glad you guys reached there safely. Laurie we hope you received your luggage by now! Jin Tao looks adorable in his recent pics. :)

Love,
Priti and Sonu

Anonymous said...

Laurie, Steve, Mei and Jin-tao,
I hope you are all having fun. I saw Mei-Mei's Snow angel and snow man that was really cool. I hope she is having a blast. The pics of Jin-tao and mei playing together are so sweet. Have a great time and be safe we look forward to seeing you. Love Tresa