Monday, January 21, 2008

Mama's Favorite Pic from Day #1

Steve posted the update for today, but I wanted to share this picture with all of you. This is my favorite from today. Jin Tao is a BIG little guy. I mean thick. I thought my arms were going to fall off carrying him upstairs for our Family Photo. But..even with everything that has happened (yes, I read Steve's very detailed events of the evening with Jin Tao and his upset stomache...I'm sorry for my husband's "directness" but...if you know Steve...that's him!) This little man is a joy! Miss everyone from home. Day one is behind us, day to is coming. Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

He is so cute! I am so excited for you. You remain in our prayers. Have a happy trip and safe journey home.

Lisa said...

Oh Laurie! He is too cute! And yes, a little man! We are so excited for you guys!!! We can't wait to see you guys! We are praying for you and look forward to stalking your blog for the next two weeks!!!!! Have fun!

Love,
Lisa :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Malones! He's a handsome and stout young chap! Hope the food recycling is over with. Enjoy your time in China and see you soon!

John Russo

Anonymous said...

WOW! How amazing! I'm sitting here trying to type and cry at the same time. HE's wonderul! He's such a big boy. Is he bigger than Mei? OK now I'm laughing and crying! HOW AWESOME! I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet him. Hugs, hugs and more hugs. I wish we could pick you up at the airport again:) LOve and prayers! Jen

Kayla said...

Hey Malones,

I'm so excited to finally see current pictures of your new son! Just looking at pictures makes me want to hug all of you! Jin Tao is precious, and I can't wait to hear more about how he and Mei are getting along. Give my love to both of them!

Much Love and Prayer headed your way...

Kayla

ps. Steve, in response to Jin Tao's rough first night, my dad wants you to know he had a similar experience one time during mid-rats and a few other times with me (and black olives and some really bad orange juice)...he says "happy parenting" :) Hope that makes more sense to you than it did to me!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, he is such a handsome little man. He is an awesome addition to our family. You all are in our prayers, hope that you have a great time in China.
Love, Michael and Mom